Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Well, Here I Go--

This is a copy of the letter that I sent to SEIU resigning as a worksite steward at Woodland Healthcare:

Effective Tuesday, 5 May 2009, I hereby resign as a work site steward for SEIU-UHW. This comes after much soul-searching and talking to family, fellow co-workers, and other brother and sister union members. The reasons for my decision are mainly twofold:

One, I find myself unable to put my best effort to an organization that has disappointed me in so many ways (shutting me out from bargaining and then asking me to sign people up to replace me - how tacky is that..). I tried to put aside my feelings in this matter, to try to work with you, but I will be unable to do so.

Secondly, I will be taking on additional clients in my capacity as respite caregiver which will require more of my time.

As far as the other current stewards at Woodland Healthcare are concerned, I can not speak for them. I would hope that they will make their decision to stay/go based on their own factors, and not just because I am resigning.

Sincerely,
Joseph G. Thomas Jr.
Woodland Healthcare
Nutrition Services

More From Me Tomorrow -- Joe the "Coffee Guy"

No comments: