Friday, November 14, 2008

What we're Thinking...

...about the trusteeship hearing.



I've been here in San Jose for the past 3 days, and I've been able to spend time with fellow UHW members/friends from around the state. I have also had some interesting conversations with folks that I've met for the first time.



The first thing that I always notice about the times that we get together for a common cause is the feeling of warmth - the "good vibrations" I get from everyone. A person that I met from a southern Calif. healthcare facility talked about his feelings of confusion and betrayal from the International (SEIU). This was a centiment that was shared by most at our breakfast table. Another person commented on how important to feel like the work that we do at our facilities is appreciated. He said that it's bad enough when employers do it to us, but when our international does it, it's a real slap in the face. Most of us agreed.



I believe for many of us, we see the events of the past days, weeks, and months have been something that we can and have used to come closer together as a local. We believe in our UHW. We believe in our leaders, we believe in our vision, we believe in each other...



Man, it's been a wonderful day. More thoughts from me later!



In blogging solidarity,



Joe Thomas

No comments: